Mood Foods Recipe Collection
‘Cleanse & Replenish’ Water
1ltr Water (ideally from a filter)
Small handful of fresh mint
- Place the mint into a glass jar. Cut the lemon and lime in half, squeeze some of the juices into the glass then drop the lemon and lime into it after wards.
- Use a peeler and peel the cucumber into strips then drop into the glass.
- Top the glass up with water and stir. Refrigerate and use throughout the day to ensure you get at least 1ltr of water per day.
There are some things you should remember when making this water:
- First the quality of water will affect the overall taste. I always use filtered water as I have a filter at home but bottled water can also be used. But feel free to use what you like. Some of you might have a good quality tap water so if you are comfortable with drinking it on daily basis, then it will be good enough to make this water.
- Next thing is to make sure you wash all the ingredients thoroughly, to remove any dirt or wax or anything that can be on the skin of lemon, lime or cucumber.
- Also taste the cucumber before adding it to the water. Some skins might be bitter so if you feel like yours is, just remove it. It would make your water bitter and you don’t want that.
- When it comes to lemon and lime, I noticed that the peel can make the water bitter but this happened when I left it infuse overnight. So if you want to infuse your water with lemon and lime slices overnight, I recommend removing the peel as well or just add it in the morning.
- I like infusing in jars or bottles that I can close with a lid. However, if you cover your glass, jug …. with a plastic foil, this will work also well. The bottle in this recipe photo has a cork stopper but I also use a thermos flask or bobble when I am out and about.
The infusing time might vary, depending on how infused you like your water. Also, the fresher the ingredients the stronger the infusion.
I like this water because it doesn’t need to be in the fridge overnight. After 2 hours you should be able to taste a little of the ingredients but I prefer leaving it in the fridge for about 4 hours. The longer you infuse the water, the stronger the taste. You can then keep filling it up to drink throughout the day.
If you are at work during the day or you are out and about and not going to be at home much, fill a flask with the water so you can drink it on the go!
- It keeps you hydrated. Your body can’t function properly without water. …
- It helps with weight loss
- It delivers antioxidants
- It may help prevent disease
- It lowers your blood pressure
- It supports healthy skin
- It boosts bone health
- Promotes consumption of water
- Helps improve diet
- May aid digestion
- Reduces chances of disease
- Improves skin quality
- Promotes weight loss
- Improves immune system
- Reduces risk of heart disease
Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body. Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
Why are infused waters good for you?
- They have no sugar added, no artificial colorings, flavourings or preservatives.
- They are great for detox – if you are looking for a good body cleanse drink, you can also add some ginger.
- They keep you hydrated.