Mood Foods Recipe Collection
Be warned! This is one powerful get you out of bed drink! This will certainly wake you up and it will give your immune system a much needed noticeable and immediate hit of caffeine free alertness. Its definitely not for the faint hearted but it is very good for you and will get you going. I drink this once a week in the morning but if I feel myself starting to become unwell, I will take this shot eery morning until the illness passes. I will also drink water infused with echinacea throughout the day to help as well.
TIP: If you wanted to turn this drink into an alcoholic cocktail, pour a shot of vodka into each glass then pour the powershot over the top!
2 Apples (I use braeburn or pink ladies)
6cm piece of fresh ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
100ml water (or more if you find it too strong)
- Core the apples and chop them into pieces.
- Peel the oranges and the lemon and separate the segments
- Peel the ginger by scraping off the skin with a spoon and roughly chop
- Put all the ingredients into a blender (I use a nutribullet) and whizz for a few minutes until you have a thick, liquid paste.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large jug, pressing out as much of the liquid as possible. Throw away the pulp.
- Pour into glasses and serve
NOTE: You may want to add more water or ice to make the consistency thicker. It took me by surprise when I first tried this to be prepared!